Nothing is worse than having dry flaky skin and contrary to popular belief, it can happen in humid climates too! Even worse still, it can be harder to fix than in drier climates as you simply can’t slap on as much moisturizer as you want. Lets find out what are 10 useful tips you can try to counter dry skin.
- Use lukewarm water, not hot water
- Keep it to 5 to 10 minutes
- Apply lotion 5 minutes after showering
- Apply hand lotion after hand washes
- Essential even if you are indoors or at a cold country
4. Lip Care
- Try to apply lip balm/vaseline everyday, especially before you sleep.
- Try not to lick your lips as it happens to dry it out more.
- Do it weekly or semi-weekly to keep dead cells off.
6. Invest in a humidifier
- Nothing dries your skin like 24 hour air conditioning
7. Hydrate throughout the day
8. Find a gentle cleanser
- For both body & face
9. Check the ingredients
- Make sure your skin care products do not contain high concentrations of Retinoids or Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA)
10. See a Skin Care Expert / Dermatologist
- If you have severe and persistent dry & flaky skin, you might like to consult a skin care therapist or dermatologist for professional advice.