Tip of the day:
Do you know that blackberries contain a wonderful source of folic acid and vitamin C? Both of which are vital in aiding your body’s ability to rejuvenate and repair cells!
Here’s a recipe for a stunning blackberries dessert.
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Combine 3 1/2 cups berries with the sugar and flour. Spoon the mixture into an unbaked pie shell. Spread the remaining 1/2 cup berries on top of the sweetened berries, and cover with the top crust. Seal and crimp the edges. Cut vents in the top crust for steam to escape.
- Brush the top crust with milk, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Cool on wire rack.