For All Skin Types
Egg White Mask
- 2 egg whites, separated from the yolk and placed in a bowl
- Separate the egg whites from a couple eggs and place them in a bowl.
- Mix them up and apply to face.
- Leave on face for a few minutes.
- Rinse face in warm water.
For Oily Skin
Strawberry & Lemon Mask
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 cup strawberries
- Optional: 4 drops of your favorite essential oils
- Mash or blend the above ingredients.
- Smooth over face.
- Let it stay for 10 minutes.
For Dry/Chapped Skin
Dark Chocolate Mask
Dark chocolate – better for your skin than you think! Here is how to use dark chocolate on your skin for a delicious facial. If you love chocolate and happen to have some to spare, try this delicious facial.
- 2 bars of dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup of milk
- Sea salt
- Heat nutty dark chocolate in a boiler. 3 minutes will work well.
- Mix sea salt and 2/3 of a cup milk in a bowl.
- Remove melted chocolate from heat. Mix melted chocolate with salt/milk mixture.
- Allow to cool.
- Apply to your face while cool but not hardened. Before the chocolate becomes hard, smear on your face and leave it on until it hardens.
- Wash or chip off with a mild cleanser and warm water.
For Sensitive Skin
Yoghurt Face Mask
- 1 cup natural yogurt (we like it just-out-of-the-fridge cold and I love the brand Fage’s “Total” pictured here, because it’s creamy and thick)
- ½ cup oatmeal (any type of basic oatmeal works here)
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Apply to the skin for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off mask with a washcloth steamed in the microwave (careful that it’s not too hot).
For Combination Skin
- Optional: 6 fresh rose petals
- 2 tbsps rosewater
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt, room temperature (not lowfat or non-fat)
- 1 tbsp runny honey (to get honey runny, you can warm it in a microwave for a few seconds).
- Soak rose petals, then crush them in a bowl.
- Add the rosewater, yogurt and honey.
- Mix well and apply to the skin.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.