The skin surrounding your eyes is one of the most sensitive areas of the body and hence, needs to be given special attention. This tender area, which is ten times thinner than the rest of your skin, is often exposed to an array of problems like puffy eyes, dark circles, wrinkles, loss of eyelashes and fine lines. Having a beautiful face but with wrinkles around the eye can make a person look old.
Thus, to maintain a youthful appearance, eye skin care is an absolute must. Thankfully, nowadays, there are a wide range of beauty treatments and products which can effectively treat the skin around the eyes. Then there are the various home remedies that can be used to cure puffy eyes and other problems without any side effects.
Drinking plenty of water and digging on fruits and vegetables is the key to healthy skin and will go a long way if you want to take care of your eye skin. Read on to find out how to get rid of baggy eyes and dark circles, secrets of healthy and beautiful eyes and much more.
How To Get Rid Of Baggy Eyes And Dark Circles
Getting dark circles and baggy eyes has now become a common problem and haunts both old and middle-aged people and even youngsters these days. Stress, late working hours, faulty diet, etc can be blamed for causing puffy eyes and dark circles. However, it can be easily sorted out if you follow few precautionary measures and take effective steps. Read further to know how to curb the problem.
- Mash a tomato well into a paste. Add a pinch of turmeric powder and lemon juice and apply this mixture underneath the eyes. After a period of ten minutes, wash your face with water. Do this regularly to ward off the dark circles.
- Take a few drops of almond oil and massage it gently under your eyes for ten minutes to treat dark circles.
- Take a bowl of ice cold water and dip two cotton wool balls in it. Now, take them out and squeeze out the excess liquid. Next, place the cotton balls on your eyes until they become warm.
- Cut a cucumber into thick slices and place a slice over each eye. Lie down for ten to fifteen minutes and relax with your eyes closed. By doing this, not only your eyes get rejuvenated but it also aids in getting rid of tired and puffy eyes.
- Another way to cool your eyes is to apply chilled tea bags or by wrapping an ice cube in a soft cloth and then placing it over your eyes.
Healthy And Beautiful Eyes Secrets
- Drink plenty of water to keep your eyes well-moisturized and sparkling.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it causes redness in the eyes.
- To add a glamorous touch to your eyes and make them look attractive, use eye lash curlers. Many beauty stores today sell ordinary metal eye lash curlers at reasonable prices.
- Avoid junk and salty foods as they cause water retention, which in turn makes the skin near the eyes bloated.
- Wear glares to protect your eyes from the harmful ultraviolet rays. Buy branded sun glasses as cheap ones are harmful.
- Every morning, splash your eyes with generous amounts of water to keep it cool and clean.
- Gorge on foods that are rich in vitamin A and C such as mangoes, oranges, spinach, fish, pumpkins, tomato, capsicum, cabbage, and the like.
- Constant glaring at computers or TV can damage your eyes so take few minutes break from time to time.
- Avoid reading in dim light or working in front of the computer system for long hours as this will lead to dark circles and baggy eyes.
- Taking adequate rest and sleeping for at least seven to eight hours is a must to keep your eyes glowing.