Honey is one of the oldest and most effective beauty ingredient as it has many different properties that is beneficial for our skin:
1. Honey has antibacterial, high potassium, antioxidant and antiseptic properties, enabling it to shrink your pores without drying the skin out.
2. With antioxidant properties, it is able to fight any kind of skin damage and aids in anti-aging.
3. Honey also has great moisturizing properties. It is one of the best and most popular dry skin remedies you can find.
4. Having antimicrobial properties, honey is also able to reduce inflammation caused by sunburn, eczema or any other minor irritations.
5. It also has the ability to remove dead skin cells due to its keratolytic properties.
Being very mild, it is suitable for all skin types as it does not cause any irritation.
After talking about the amazing properties, I’m sure we all want to know how to use honey for its beauty benefits…
Honey is often mixed with natural ingredients like oatmeal, yoghurt, egg, cinnamon and other natural ingredients to be applied on your face as masks.
1. Honey Mask:
2 tablespoons of pure honey
Apply pure honey to your face allow it to dry for about 15 minutes. Once it has dried up, rinse your face with warm water. You will immediately experience smoother softer and more supple skin. It’s as simple as that!
2. Honey Scrub:
1 tablespoon of pure honey
2 tablespoons of dry oatmeal
1 tablespoon of lemon juice/yoghurt
Massage mixture gently on your face for 1-2 mins, then rinse off with warm water. This scrub helps to cleanse your skin thoroughly and oats are very good softening exfoliants. It will be better if you can add 1 tablespoon of finely-ground almonds to the mixture.
3. Honey Bath:
1/3 cup of honey
Add 1/3 cup of honey to your hot bath water. You will find yourself having baby soft skin after that.
4. Honey cleanser:
1 tablespoon of powdered skim milk
1 tablespoon of honey
A few drops of apple vinegar
Apply on your face and leave it on for around 2-3mins. Rinse it off with warm water. This helps in exfoliating and cleansing oily skin.
With the above beauty tips, you can have your very own spa at home. But be sure that the honey you use to create your own beauty products is all natural and 100% pure honey for the best results!